Our contact details
Name: Simon Groom
Address: Virtual Business Centre, Chantry Court, Chester West
Employment Park, Chester, CH1 4QN
Date completed: 02-02-22
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Business identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, financial and other performance details, plans, strategies)
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal and business information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To be able to effectively use the MagnifyB platform
- To discover how your business is performing against similar businesses
- To learn how to better manage your business
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Companies House
- Various data management companies who provide publicly available, data about your company and its activities
- Financial software system providers, who provide links into our system, to obtain your company’s financial data, with your permission
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Provide you with effective performance data and management information for your company
- Improve your experience within the magnifyB platform
- Provide you with effective performance data and management information from similar companies, to compare and benchmark against your company
- Provide an effective business learning experience for you
We may share this information with other organisations, but only in an anonymised format.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting contact@magnifyB.com
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on our IT service providers secure servers.
We keep your personal and business information for 6 months after the period in which you are subscribed to the MagnifyB platform. We will then dispose your information by deleting all records pertaining to you and/or your company from our and our IT service providers’ servers.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at contact@magnifyB.comif you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at contact@magnifyB.com.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk